UNO Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE)
Whether you’re looking to start higher education, complete a degree, or gain valuable skills to help you advance in your career, PaCE has the program for you. Learn more below.
All of UNO’s online courses are taught by UNO faculty members. PaCE works directly with UNO’s academic departments to create classes and courses.
Every online UNO student is assigned an academic advisor in their department, can participate in online orientations, and has access to the university’s counseling, library, and career resources. Learn more about our resources for students here.
UNO consistently appears on U.S. News & World Report Least Debt List, which highlights the 20 national universities where students graduate with the lowest average debt loads.
Certificate Programs and On Demand Training
UNO offers certification programs and training in a variety of fields. These certifications and trainings allow students to build their resumes, gain specific skills necessary to advance in their job and career, and in some cases, fulfill statewide certification requirements.
PaCE is constantly expanding the number of certifications and trainings that we offer. If you or your organization has an idea for a program or training, please contact:
Tina Chang, J.D., Ph.D.
Associate Vice President
Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE)
- UNO’s M.S. in Hospitality & Tourism Management program has over a 95% job placement rate after completion.
- UNO offers one of the only fully online undergraduate degree programs in Urban Studies and Planning in the country
- UNO offers one of the only graduate degree program in Master of Science in Transportation in Louisiana, and one of the first of its kind in the country
- UNO’s fully online Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies has been listed as an Abound Top Degrees for Adult Undergraduate institution for 2017 and is one of our most popular online programs
- UNO’s Certificate in Community Finance is capped at twenty students per class, allowing each student to benefit from personalization attention
- UNO’s Academically Gifted Certification Program allows Louisiana teachers to gain an add-on certification in Academically Gifted upon course completion
- UNO offers on demand Geographic Information Systems (GIS)training
- Online Bachelor of Science in Urban Studies and Planning
- Online Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Online Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Executive Online Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Online Master of Arts in Romance Languages
- Online Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Online Master of Science in Transportation (Online Hybrid)
- Online Master of Arts in English
- Online Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Academically Gifted Certification Program
- Coastal Engineering and Sciences Certificate
- Certified Performing Arts Executive Certificate
- Certificate in Community Development Finance
- Human Capital Management Certificate
- Design & Operation of High Performing Organizations for Leaders
Get Microsoft Office for Free
All UNO students, including students taking classes remotely, can use their UNO account to use services from Microsoft Office. These applications include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, among others. Students can use the applications online, or they can download and install the applications directly to their computers. This service is free for all UNO students.
How to access Microsoft Office:
- Go to myapps.uno.edu and log in using your UNO credentials. If you’re already logged into your email, you’ll be logged into the Apps page already.
- Click on the “Office 365 Suite” tile.
- To use an application online, click on the application you’d like to use. To download and install an application, click the “Install Office apps” button.
You can also download the newest version of Windows for free by clicking the “UNO Software Store” tile on the Apps page. Then, click on the tile of the software you would like to install.